Sony Pictures Television’s U.S. Networks team is looking for a talented Manager, Digital Marketing. The Manager will support the Vice President, Marketing, U.S. Networks with digital strategy as well as executing day-to-day web and mobile marketing campaigns, promotions and programming stunt efforts, for all Sony Pictures Television’s wholly owned U.S. networks including getTV, Sony Movie Channel and Cine Sony. This position manages social media and digital strategy as well as the administration and maintenance of the team’s websites.
The Digital Marketing Manager should have a strong work ethic with excellent organizational, communication, time management and people skills. The Manager is a team player and self-starter with the ability to strategize, analyze tasks, be detail oriented, work independently and complete a broad range of tasks with a positive attitude. The Manager should also express good leadership skills and be comfortable managing others.
The role requires independent thought, exceptional problem-solving skills and the foresight to resolve difficult issues as they arise.
About U.S. Networks
Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony, and getTV are Sony Pictures Television’s wholly owned U.S. television networks. Each network is focused on a specific target market – general entertainment Hollywood movie fans; Spanish speaking movie fans; and fans of iconic tv series and movies from the 1970’s to today.
Our diverse programming is selected from more than 3,500 Sony Pictures films and more than 10,000 tv episodes, which collectively have received 184 Academy Awards including 12 for Best Picture. Sony Pictures encompasses movies from Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Animation and TriStar Pictures.
Including but not limited to:
• Report to and support the Vice President, Marketing, U.S. Networks with strategic and promotional ideation and execution on digital platforms
• Strategize and manage programmatic and social media ad buys including creation and delivery of assets and understanding the different methods of targeting and managing metrics
• Improve site SEO and monitor performance
• Determine a strategy for paid search and execute AdWord campaigns
• Gather data for analysis of performance of online campaigns and make recommendations on how to improve
• Oversee the creation of copy and content for websites and social media ensuring it is culturally relevant with an emphasis on iconic tv shows and movies
• Manage monthly newsletter consumer newsletter and consumer inquiries
• Create timelines and manage third party agencies with marketing deliverables, design recommendations, and bug management
• Support authenticated network apps including onboarding new affiliates and promotional campaigns
• Develop and implement digital marketing initiatives, elements and strategies for new launches and seasonal/program block specific programs
• Directly support web & mobile integration of social media campaigns, consumer promotions and sweepstakes
• Manage asset and video platforms, monitoring feeds to site and apps and troubleshooting as needed
• Manage coordinator to assure completion of monthly site and app updates and maintenance as well as develop coordinator in other digital areas including but not limited to, SEO, programmatic ad buys, web and mobile app publishing and HTML
• Recommend new vendors to assist with business needs
• Process vendor related invoices
• A creative digital whiz with a passion for marketing, strategy, ad tech, promotions, tv content and visual mediums
• 4 to 6 years relevant experience in entertainment digital marketing, strategy and project management
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to focus on the details
• Experience with Drupal 7+ and/or modern web publishing CMS with a general understanding of data sets and conversion for CMS publishing
• Video CMS management/experience with an understanding of how DRM works and rights windows
• Digital analytics including Google & Adobe
• Mobile app publishing experience with an understanding of fundamental differences/similarities between web, mobile web, iOS and Android
• Experience with SEO, HTML, and Photoshop
• Ability to strategize, plan, execute and manage programmatic ad buys
• Early adopter with strong knowledge of digital landscape and desire to continuously learn more
• Strong background in agency management, creative development and campaign analysis
• Experience interfacing with internal and external departments with a poised and collaborative attitude
• The ability to think analytically and draw inferences based on data
• Strong creative eye and superior written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
• Excellent work ethic and positive, can do attitude, a team player
• A fan of iconic TV shows and movies