CNN New York is looking for an experienced journalist with strong news gathering abilities and leadership skills. The News Editor should be a collaborative, team player who can who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms.
• You'll be responsible for pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition.
• As a leader on our assignment desk, the editor should be able to distinguish stories that meet CNN's journalistic standards and newsgather via traditional methods as well as social media.
• An established writer, this news editor staffer can create content for both internal consumption and external publishing on all CNN platforms.
• This includes field assignments and being our eyes on ears on the ground covering breaking news or planned events such as court cases, protests or news conferences.
• The News Editor needs to support reporter and producer teams reporting from a bureau or the field and clearly communicate editorial and logistics information between team, digital newsgathering and shows.
• BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline.
• 4-6 years' experience in news environment at a major network/local station.
• Previous news room experience.
• Newsgathering in social media outlets.
• 1+ year experience TV/digital writing experience preferred.
• Previous Assignment Editor experience preferred.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Understanding of CNN newsgathering.
• Strong logistical ability.
• Able to make fast decisions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Able to work under pressure.