The CNN Digital Features team is a group of multitalented, passionate producers dedicated to telling impactful stories with cinematic flair and creativity. We produce premium short-form digital video series and franchises across the full range of CNN's editorial departments - Politics, Travel, Health, and Business. From covering the latest tech news like deepfake videos, to exploring the future of food in the remote deserts of New Mexico, to navigating West Virginia's bluegrass scene, to profiling some of the most successful women working in Washington D.C., we tell stories big and small across the country and around the world with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
Producers on the Digital Features team must be skilled at all phases of end-to-end video story production. The ideal candidate will be excited to take ownership of a project from conception to delivery; he/she will be able to research, pitch and develop stories and series, shoot and execute video collaboratively in the field on budget, and write/edit video for a variety of digital and social platforms. Sound editorial judgement, teamwork, curiosity and creativity are essential. Candidates must be open and willing to adapt in a continually evolving, fast-paced, deadline-driven news organization.
• Research, pitch and develop digital video stories and series with editorial partners and platforms in mind.
• Develop visual and narrative styles and motifs.
• Plan, produce, and execute shoots in the field with a cinematic eye.
• Edit feature videos from rough to final edit.
• Responsibly manage schedules and budgets to ensure timely, current and cost effective productions.
• Report and fact-check stories in line with CNN's journalistic standards.
• Enthusiastically assist team members as needed.
• Creatively troubleshoot and problem-solve challenges.
• Collaborate with other teams across the organization (writers, programmers, social producers).
• May lead smaller production teams in the development and execution of projects.
• Multitask projects and productions.
• Be fully accountable for projects from conception to delivery on deadline.
• Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of experience in the field, shooting with DSLR cameras or other industry standard prosumer cameras (FS7, C300).
• High expertise in post-production editing software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Deep experience creating video for digital platforms - social, mobile and desktop.
• Track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven news environment.
• Experience creating serialized video franchises from the pitch process to publishing.
• Experience reporting and fact-checking stories and characters.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equiv. work experience.