Are you a product owner or systems designer with experience in recruitment advertising or talent relationship management? Are you familiar with Agile methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)? We’re seeking a driven, articulate problem-solver to join our team as a Business Analyst (BA) II, where you’ll be assigned items from our recruitment advertising product road map and asked to create requirements/user stories and acceptance criteria by eliciting feedback from internal and external stakeholders. As a BA, you’ll work closely with our architecture, development, and testing teams to ensure their user stories and acceptance criteria are clearly defined, and collaborate with customers to demo new features, synthesize feedback and report it back to the teams. We’re looking for someone who has a solid understanding of product ownership and can present to senior leadership with confidence. If you’re a results-oriented self-starter with a customer service mindset, then we’d love to bring you on board!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies: passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation, then you’re just what we’re looking for! iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports more than 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
• Understand vision, direction and priority of the Product Backlog as it relates to their teams modules
• Define the Product Backlog of their teams modules during release planning
• Attends all required Scrum meetings (Sprint Planning, Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review)
• Facilitates requirements modelling sessions
• Creates mock-ups or wireframes to express functional requirements
• Communicates requirements through epics and user stories so they are understood
• Holds team accountable to their commitments for developing features during sprint cycles
• Triages team support tickets within company Service Level Agreement and making the determination as to what will be addressed by team and in what timeframe.
• Develops a deep understanding of the customer’s needs through direct and indirect contact
• Is the “go-to” person for information software module’s assigned
• Educates stakeholders in the development process
• Removes barriers between the team and stakeholders
• Provides consistent feedback regarding the prioritization of enhancements based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
• Documents the user perceivable changes of the features their teams worked on so the documentation team can successfully create supporting materials
• Makes recommendations regarding accepting or rejecting their agile teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
• Provides the team clear information on iCIMS customers and potential customers including how they use the product, why they use the product, who uses it and when they use it.
• Establishes open lines of communication with internal and external customers in order to bridge the relationship between iCIMS product development and iCIMS customers.
• Facilitates knowledge transfer within the team alongside encourage and coaching a culture of knowledge sharing.
• Participates in User Acceptance Testing to ensure functionality requested is delivered as expected
• Works closely with the testing team to ensure test cases trace back to requirements and software design.
• Keeps abreast of industry news and competitive offerings
• Trains junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in field or a related area
• Experience in software Product Development
• Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities.
• A strong understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
• Ability to synthesize information into succinct, concise, and logical summaries and reports
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
• Computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively
• Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth
• A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Strong results orientation
• Demonstrated customer service orientation
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, computer science, or information technology related field or related experience.
• BI/SQL knowledge or certification preferred