All In with Chris Hayes is looking for an experienced segment producer to join their team.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
• Research, report and, write daily segments
• Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
• Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
• Be in control room during airing of live segment.
• When warranted, field produce segments.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics
• Strong research and reporting skills
• 5 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
Must have at least 3 years in both tape and desktop editing.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds.