Gannett Publishing Services, located in Cherry Hill, NJ is currently looking for a Janitor, or custodian, to take care of our building and carry out cleaning, maintenance and security duties.
This position is a temporary part-time opening and will last 2 months, with 25 hours/week schedules. Starting pay will be$12.00/hour and we are looking for two candidates that will fit the job description and pass pre-employment screening to start as soon as possible.
• The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition.
• Cleaning and supplying designated building areas
• Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
• Carrying out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
• Disassembling and discarding of office and building equipment, furniture, etc. Some cleaning responsibility. Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively.
• Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
• Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
• Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
• Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
• Make adjustments and minor repairs
• Stock and maintain supply rooms
• Cooperate with the rest of the staff
• Follow all health and safety regulations
• Proven working experience as a janitor
• Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
• Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
• Integrity and ability to work independently
• High school degree