THE DIVISON’S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we’re fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered “yes” (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.
THE ROLE: International Technical Operations Supervisor
The International Technical Operations Supervisor will join the International Operations team in a role focused on driving new media technologies & workflows, as well as optimizing existing processes, for the International division and downstream global partners and clients.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Technical Liaison:
o Act as primary technical liaison with internal Engineering & IT teams as related to International projects & BAU workflows across the supply chain (post-production, QC, transcoding, delivery)
• Vendor Relations:
o Track performance & BAU processes with external vendors to ensure they meet SLA requirements
o Facilitate testing & vetting of new technical workflows
o Manage day-to-day technical relations with vendors (onboarding new vendors & clients, resolving technical issues or roadblocks)
• Departmental Projects
o Coordinate multiple time sensitive projects end-to-end for the International division as well as global partners
o Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to drive projects to completion
• BAU Workflow Management
o Monitor growing global cloud media archive, tracking usage and costs related to compute, storage, & egress
o Persistently strive to optimize and exploit efficiencies across the International supply chain
o Assist in the speedy resolution of technical questions from the internal team as well as vendors & clients
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
This role offers the opportunity to work closely with a diverse group of individuals and teams across virtually every area of the business (International, Engineering, IT, Broadcast Operations, Sales, Finance, Programming, Legal) as well as collaborate with teams around the world in Asia, EMEA, & Latin America. Additionally, the incumbent will work on projects aimed at adopting cutting edge technology as we transition to cloud workflows across the media supply chain.
• BA or BS in a Production, Media, or IT related field
• 3-5 years of experience at a broadcast or digital media company in a technical or operations role
• Firm understanding of the broadcast media supply chain & technical standards including post-production, QC, transcoding, & delivery
• Working knowledge of cloud providers and workflows related to media mgmt. & storage
• Experience leading or contributing to time sensitive projects
• Ability to interpret and communicate technical specifications to non-technical personnel
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• High level of diplomacy and cultural sensitivity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and a proactive, flexible attitude towards managing multiple changing priorities
• Poise under fire in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work collaboratively and foster consensus
• A keen eye for detail while never losing sight of the broader strategic needs of the business
• Due to the global nature of the role, some work outside of regular business hours to continue driving deals forward may be required.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.