The Digital Sales Specialist will work with the media sales team to grow digital revenue by accompanying the media sales team in the field to conduct customer needs analysis and present client facing solutions. The Digital Sales Specialist must understand all CMG Local Solutions digital product offerings and how to leverage them to meet the client's strategic objectives. Digital assets include all wsoctv.com core products and platforms inclusive of display advertising, streaming media, and native advertising. The Digital Sales Specialist will also leverage 3 rd party ad products including but not limited to reach extension, SEM/SEO, OTT and social media. The Digital Sales Specialist must be analytical, organized, solution minded, consultative and customer centric.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Media Sales Team on digital advertising sales calls
• Perform customer needs analyses (CNA) in the field to uncover client's goals and strategic objectives
• From CNA create custom strategies and tactics to achieve client's goals and format into custom client facing proposals
• SEM: Perform keyword research and create reach and CPC estimates
• SEO: Perform SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
• Targeting/Retargeting: Perform reach estimates for display and pre-roll
• WSOCTV.com: Appropriate use of products to fulfill client needs or compliment SEM, SEO and/or targeting/retargeting.
• Present proposals to client, respond to feedback and provide technical information support
• Ensure digital orders are processed correctly to align with our billing, finance and fulfillment procedures
• Ensure digital campaigns launch successfully
• Digital Product expert to be a resource to Media Sales Team
• Understand and communicate the "consumer path to purchase" theory and how specific digital products relate
• Recommend specific digital services to support the different areas in the "sales funnel"
• Evaluate CMG's digital product offering against customer's needs, budget and competitors' offerings.
• Products include but not limited to Display, Video, Streaming, Reach Extension, SEM/SEO, Native advertising, OTT and Social Media
• Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients to ensure quality and timely execution of purchased products
• Provide a consultation to advertisers on social media best practices and participate in social media engagement
• Works with Media Sales Team, clients and ad trafficking to deliver a superior return on investment for our customers' advertising
• Once the campaign is underway, work with clients, CMG Central Ad ops, CMG Ad Studio and CMG SEM/SEO team to interpret results and optimize the campaign against key performance indicators
• Work with client's Google Analytics to help analyze campaign effectiveness
• Serve as project manager between sales, CMG's centralized trafficking, CMG Ad Studio for ad creation and CMG SEM/SEO team
• At the end of the campaign, create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how the customer goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsell
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferably in digital marketing, digital advertising and/or digital sales; and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Advanced digital industry knowledge about digital products including SEM, Social Media, SEO, display advertising, streaming, native advertising, programmatic and audience extension products
• Advanced digital industry knowledge about Website analytics including compiling usage reports and interpreting results.
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills including identifying campaign pitfalls and providing custom solutions
• Analytical in nature with a firm grasp of numbers and attention to detail
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Can easily identify priority items and complete in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Must possess positive customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts; flexible, patient, courteous, professional and problem solver