We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
Content Platform (CMS) – Contribute to the greenfield build of editorial tools especially with a SaaS strategy, leverage advanced data usage and intelligence within a CMS to empower our writers and maximize the reach of their content across all consumption channels. Build an intuitive, flexible and smart responsive user interface.
• You are fluent in HTML5 and CSS3. You understand semantic markup. You can maintain tight CSS for complex layouts.
• You know what makes pages fast, blazing fast, or just average. You have an understanding of caching strategies and scalability best practices.
• You know your way around a couple databases, relational or non.
• You write clean, clear code that others can easily parse, maintain and enhance.
• You know how to choose the right technology for the job, and can spot when a framework will save you time, when it will get in the way, and when it isn’t worth the trouble
• You are comfortable talking about code, advocating for best practices, and facilitating inclusive and democratic technical discussions
• Team player
• Problem solver
• Radical candor
• Product passion
• 3+ years of experience working with other developers on a production system
• You can work with HTTP Methods, and know PUT vs PATCH. You can fetch, request or XHR any resource, and you’ve debugged a CORS OPTION issue.
• Git is a regular tool for you.
• You’ve worked with Github and can rebase and merge with ease.
• You have experience with at least one Node.js framework in the following areas: Web Application (Hapi), Bundling (Webpack), Transpilers (Typescript), Unit Testing (Jest), Style compilation (PostCSS), Authentication (Passport.js)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Knowledge and practice with other languages (like Python, Java, C/C++, Scala, Go, Erlang) - Experience with any of these infrastructures: Containerization / Docker, AWS, and Kubernetes, CI/CD (Jenkins, CodePipeline, Circle), ElasticSearch, CouchDB, Redis, Mongo.
• Active contributor to open source projects.