The Vice President Business & Legal Affairs attorney for TV Animation will be responsible for negotiating above-the-line agreements for animated TV series and other content produced by DWA and its affiliated entities, including agreements for creators, writers, executive producers, voice actors and consultants. The attorney will also be responsible for negotiating international co-production agreements. The attorney will be expected to be able to present, develop, and guide deal negotiations through to closure.
• Negotiate above-the-line agreements for TV series developed and/or produced by DreamWorks Animation Television and its affiliated entities
• Negotiate international co-production agreements and supervise international outside counsel
• Review contracts drafted by production attorneys to ensure compliance with deal terms
• Draft and distribute memos summarizing deal parameters
• Maintain relationships with internal clients, attorneys, agents and other representatives in the entertainment community
• Advise and interface with all key company departments, including production, development, accounting, finance, labor and employment, marketing, consumer products, insurance, tax, distribution, trademark, and clearance teams on matters related to animated series
• Member of California Bar and JD from top-tier accredited law school
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a motion picture studio, production company, network or law firm.
• Superior negotiation, communication and drafting skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadline
• Superior organizational skills and ability to handle and track a high volume workload
• Transactional experience. Experience drafting and negotiating animation and live-action television, and/or other entertainment contracts is required
• A self-motivated, proactive attorney capable of working both autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced entertainment environment