Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
We are CNET, the world's #1 tech news and reviews site, period. We publish the most comprehensive, timely, and engaging technology news, video reviews, and advice on the planet, and we take pride in independent, creative journalism that helps real people really understand -- and enjoy -- tech.
- CNET is seeking a Manager of Video Production with management experience to lead its New York & global video team.
- You are a results-oriented leader with strong organizational skills, who embraces risk and innovation.
- This person also needs to be a talented video producer, with a strong background as both a shooter and editor. (Please share a link to your video demo reel when you apply!)
- This person should have experience leading and inspiring a small tight-knit team of creative producer/shooter/editors/talent. .
- The ideal candidate should be passionate about consumer technology, and have a deep understanding of social media trends, content trends, as well as emerging technologies and platforms.
- They must be comfortable collaborating across multiple teams, on short and long-term projects, and seeing projects through from ideation to final delivery.
- Lead daily NY meetings, communicate initiatives and participate in regular brainstorms with the CNET team to pitch stories, and come up with new ideas to ensure we are always producing the most innovative content possible.
- Collaborate with colleagues across CNET to organize video coverage efforts for breaking news, live events, product launches, special features, and general assignments.
- Manage the daily New York video production workflow including the scripting, pre-production, production and post-production processes.
- Occasionally jump-in to shoot and edit videos yourself as needed, for high profile special projects or to help meet same-day deadlines (and possibly even present in front of camera).
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with your direct reports, and provide feedback, coaching and guidance as needed.
- Manage the production of high quality, thoughtful, and entertaining video for CNET's platforms and its partners about consumer tech, cool science and fun stuff.
- Assisting in the overall CNET video strategy, and growth planning.
- Motivate and mentor our NY team to create unique, visual, emotional and compelling content.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of hands on video production that includes the use of professional camera and lighting equipment, and Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
- 2 + years of experience managing a team of producers & editors
- A demo reel or portfolio of work
- Experience creating and publishing content for mobile and social audiences using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of current internet publishing trends, SEO principles, and YouTube best practices
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience - broadcast journalism, communications, or related field preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled