Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
We are seeking an experienced hands-on Supervisor for our Weekend Operations who will be heavily focused on managing the team tasked with the day to day processing, packaging and completion of Daytime, Primetime, Late Night products for advanced markets and subscription video-on-demand partners. Candidate must have a deep understanding of post production operations, familiarity with broadcast standards and content trafficking, have the ability to handle multiple processes, troubleshoot systems, and meet internal and external deadlines and service level agreements.
- Provide hands-on leadership to contract and full time employees by communicating/setting job expectations, planning, monitoring, approving files/packages, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Act as escalation path for prioritizing tasks & products, facilitating corrections and root cause analysis, and resolving issues when they arise.
- Using a work order system to assign tasks as needed and ensure timely delivery. Tasks include digitization of tape formats, formatting video to adhere to specs, transcoding to multiple digital files, re-time closed captions, edit xml metadata, and publishing of assets into online sites.
- React to broadcasting schedule changes and plan accordingly. Collaborate with shift manager on resource allocation including staff and equipment.
- Go-to resource for system and process workflows as needed during off hours
- Foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Oversee publishing and delivery to platforms for daily and syndicated programming (Rachel Ray, Inside Edition, CBS Evening News, etc.).
- Process nightly alternative programming as well as live TV finales (Survivor, Big Brother, and CBS Primetime Specials) for all platforms.
- Prep for tentpole events (Grammys, Tonys, Superbowl) and oversee planning leading up to and day-of for marketing materials from behind the scenes to the red carpet.
- Launching of new channel, partners, territories with library and currently-airing programs.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years direct management experience managing teams tasked with creating and distributing digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times as well as larger scale digital video product launches.
- Proven leadership skills - excellent communication, leads by example, provides direction, feedback, motivates and has ability to influence.
- Strong organizational, communication and follow through abilities with experience working with diverse teams.
- Enthusiastic and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
- Knowledge of Telestreams products: MACCAPTION, Vantage, LIveCaptture.
- Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing
You might also have -
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training & experience in Post Production or Operations.
- Quick thinker and excels in the area of problem solving, demonstrate ability to multi-task, display a short learning curve
- Understanding of video and audio mastering properties (frame rate, resolution, channel configurations, etc.)
- Experience with FCP or Adobe Premiere Editing Suites.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled