Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
We are the 24/7 entertainment news digital arm of the long-running, Emmy Award-winning syndicated TV series Entertainment Tonight. ETonline is a top three entertainment news network online, according to comScore. We're also streaming 24/7 on our OTT platform, ET Live.
The Executive Editor for ETonline.com will be responsible for lifting the quality and diversity of our content, maximizing our output and audience, and positioning ET as the defining voice of entertainment news. You will lead a large team of writers and editors whose beats range from breaking news and in-depth long-form features to lifestyle and celeb style.
- Set daily and weekly story budget and priorities for assignment editors and features writers.
- Manage, educate and motivate the editorial team to create high-quality content under tight deadlines.
- Maintain editorial calendar and create content plans around tent pole events, premieres, etc.
- Help evolve and manage ETonline's editorial voice and ensure all content is on brand.
- Work with ET Live and ET show teams to help optimize their content on site.
- Collaborate with sales, social and video teams to align on strategy, ideate, and produce content.
- Use data and analytics to maximize the strategic value of all articles.
- Determining the major tentpole events we'll cover -- awards shows, conventions, movie and TV premieres -- and then organizing the content plans around those.
- Streamlining many of our editorial processes.
- Expanding ETonline's content offerings to a younger and more diverse audience.
- Packaging ETonline content with a unique story for our sales team to create meaningful sponsorship opportunities.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 5+ years experience running a large digital team
- Journalism and digital newsroom experience
- Genuine love for internet culture and entertainment news
- Experience with SEO and analytics
- Strong editorial judgment and quick decision-making skills
You might also have -
- A spirit of curiosity and ability to think creatively about how we deliver journalism to new audiences where they are: OTT, mobile, desktop, social and other emerging platforms.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills, with an interest in fostering a fun, but hardworking workplace culture, where everyone understands the expectations and feels valued.
- An obsession with performance metrics and a bottomless well of original ideas.
- A built-in network of strong freelance writers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled