Join the #1 NBC affiliate group in the country! KING TV, KONG TV, and king5.com are part of TEGNA offering the ability to sell into multiple platforms from digital to in-content to over the top TV.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated Account Executive to develop new business and grow an existing account list in the robust Seattle marketplace. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, internet, mobile and other emerging products.
Brief Description of Duties
• Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute
strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
• Consistently prospect for new revenue opportunities using client and category insights.
• Create custom solutions-driven campaigns that meet client needs across multiple media platforms including broadcast, digital (SEO, SEM, Social, Display, Email and OTT).
• Seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active role in understanding their business needs and competitive landscape.
• Upsell current customers by engaging them in the full product line of KING offerings.
• Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns.
• Make decisions and solve problems independently to support customer needs.
• Utilize an Account Manager to provide exceptional customer service and contract fulfillment.
• Use Salesforce to manage day to day activity, pipeline and forecasts.
• Positively and professionally represent the media group.
• College degree with a minimum 3 years of account engagement in a professional, fast paced broadcast sales environment preferred.
• Proven track record of success in business development skills.
• Strong organizational, prospecting, and negotiation skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose and deliver regular in-person sales presentations.
• Ability to work effective as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure and be proficient in time management.
• Ability to effectively solve problems.
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes.