Job ID 652743BR
The WPVI-TV IT System Administrator candidate will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure and systems within the broadcast facility. The candidate must have a passion for and be comfortable with current IT and media technologies, concepts and emerging trends (i.e. Media over IP, Cloud Computing).
• Installation, configuration, and daily maintenance/troubleshooting of IT systems
• Routine system patches/upgrades and hardware/software configurations
• Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls
• Interface with third party vendors and support technicians
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
• Adhere to Disney IT policies and best practices in a broadcast environment
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate must:
• Possess strong IT/networking and problem-solving skills.
• Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
• Be project oriented, organized and able to show a proven record of accomplishment of previously executed projects from concept to completion.
• Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Be willing to expand their knowledge with broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
WPVI-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
Experience with the following platforms/technologies is preferred:
• McAfee ePO and associated products
• Microsoft SCCM & Active Directory
• VMWare ESXi and vCenter
• Cisco UCS, VoIP, and Layer 2 Switching
• Palo Alto Firewalls
Experience with the following is a plus:
• Television Production, Broadcast Automation Systems and related equipment
• Newsroom NRCS/MAM Systems
• Adobe Creative Software Products
• A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.