This position is under the direction of the Vice President, Sales Planning for the CBS Television Network in Chicago and is generally responsible for the creation of sales plans to guide the work of account executives in connection with the sale of television advertising. Successful candidates for this position must possess advanced project management skills, be able to function in a fast-paced environment that is subject to frequent deadlines, be proactive, well-organized and able to perform independently with limited direction, and provide assistance to account executives in the negotiation process.
In addition to building sales plans, specific responsibilities include participation in sales negotiations, inventory management, negotiating makegoods directly with agencies and maintaining buyer relationships. Additionally, this position is responsible for preparing and maintaining stewardship reports for current network schedules on a permanently assigned account basis, assisting in developing basic audience estimates, developing price lists, evaluating A.C. Nielsen audience reports, developing computer systems data and utilizing digital and video on demand audience metrics for cross-platform campaigns. Facility with numerical concepts, attentiveness to detail and presentation of data is essential. Some media research or media planning is strongly preferred. Analytical aptitude and presentation skills are important.
- 1-3 years of TV media sales/planning or agency media buying experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Facility with numerical concepts, attentiveness to detail and presentation of data is essential.
- Some media research or media planning is strongly preferred.
- Analytical aptitude and presentation skills are important.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Function in a fast-paced environment subject to frequent deadlines.
- Must be proactive, well organized and able to perform independently with limited direction.
- Four year college degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled