PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
NBC Sports is looking for a newsdesk producer to join our growing digital team. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a deep knowledge of sports who understands how to share content to the masses. This role will be focused around sending daily push notifications and publishing videos for sports across NBC Sports’ portfolio of properties.
• Send push notifications from NBC Sports and NBC Scores app promoting live events, on-demand video, and written content.
• Send Apple News alerts promoting articles and on-demand video.
• Manage featured sections of NBC Sports app.
• Publish videos with eye on SEO optimization, page optimization, and best practices across multiple distribution platforms.
• Program high-traffic video sections with relevant video dependent on digital and linear programming.
• Coordinate with video team to ensure video on-demand content is being processed in timely fashion.
• Work with rest of newsdesk to manage NBC Sports.com homepage.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or in a relevant field preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience
• Must be a passionate writer/editor with a deep knowledge of sports, who knows how to shape a story across multiple formats.
• Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is essential.
• Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a time-sensitive environment.
• Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong communication and problem solving skills.
Willing to work weekends, non-traditional hours.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.