Entercom Atlanta seeks a proven leader with a track record in sales and management to serve as a General Sales Manager for STAR 94.1 (WSTR) and 92.9 The Game (WZGC). P rimary responsibilities will include generating station sales revenue and achieving sales goals, training and managing the sales staff to achieve sales budgets and outpace the market, developing new business, managing inventory and pricing effectively, and maintaining and growing client relationships. The successful candidates must be performance driven and results oriented, with excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills. You must be an excellent developer of talent. The General Sales Manager position reports to the VP/Director of Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Achieving overall revenue and market share goals.
• Implement sales activities that generate new business & deepen existing relationships.
• Manage commercial inventory and set pricing to exceed sales budget.
• Drive results through others, manage team performance, set clear expectations, train and motivate sales staff.
• Oversee efforts of sales team by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
• Devise new methods for accomplishing sales goals based upon changes within the media marketplace.
• Hold weekly one on one's with AE to set micro strategies for the week.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience.
• Management experience as a local or national sales manager in radio.
• Radio sales experience required with a proven track record.
• Understanding of sales techniques, sales training, budget procedures, quantitative/qualitative research, management philosophies, daily sales procedures, digital knowledge, traffic (pricing and inventory control), collections and hiring techniques.
• Candidate must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Prior sales management experience in Sports preferred.