Position Purpose: Shoot and edit reporter packages, voiceovers and sound bites.
- Shoot reporter packages, voiceovers and sound bites as required.
- Will also be required to edit and run a microwave transmission truck.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least two years experience as an editor & photographer working in a commercial TV newsroom.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity in photography and editing.
- Willingness to take direction from News Managers and execute station's mission.
- Can-do attitude, team player and contributor
- Skilled in non-linear editing (experience with Final Cut Pro and/or Grass Valley editing and playback systems a plus).
- Proficiency with new and emerging technologies for video storage and transmission a plus (i.e. FTP, video conversion, etc.)
- Skilled in operation of microwave trucks.
- Experience with Satellite Uplink Trucks a plus.
- Experience with bonded cellular technology
- Basic use of Windows-based computer system.
- College degree preferred.
- Must be able to work all shifts including nights, overnights and weekends.
- Must have good lighting expertise & some concept of graphics creation/insertion.
- Professional conduct in the field as this person will be working with station clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled