Position Purpose: Report for commercial television news broadcasts as assigned.
- This person will report for KDKA and WPCW on newscasts as assigned. Depending on shift, reporter will daily be expected to turn multiple packages, front multiple live shots, write copy for the station's website, and use all types of social media to promote the their stories, driving viewers to the station's broadcasts and website.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent news judgment and ability to problem-solve.
- Strong live reporting skills; demonstrated ability to react in breaking news situations.
- Skilled interviewer, creative story teller and writer who has a vision for how a story should be told and the ability to execute that vision. We're looking for someone who can generate and develop their own story ideas, track down the elements needed, and put together stories that are unique to our market, take a subject to a deeper level, and are so compelling people will want to watch.
Self-motivated team player with great people skills who can take direction from managers and work in collaboration with a team of talented producers, photographers and editors to execute the station's mission for a particular story and newscastQUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- College Degree required.
- At least 3 years' experience reporting in a commercial broadcast setting including regular live reporting; daily live reporting preferred; demonstrated experience generating enterprise or investigative story angles a plus.
- Knowledge of social media and how to use it to promote to broadcast and the web; experience writing for the web required.
- Knowledge of ENPS, non-linear editing (we use Final Cut Pro) and Grass Valley viewing, editing and playback systems a plus.
- Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting a plus.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled