WTSP 10, the CBS affiliate in Tampa (the 11th largest market), is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising multimedia anchor/reporter. The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation. This candidate must be connected to the community, fully understand the market and connect with the audience on all platforms: TV, social, mobile and online.
• Anchor weekday newscasts
• Generating unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
• Motivated and aggressive about enterprising stories and advance the station’s mission of "Holding the Powerful Accountable"
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the web sites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
• Collaborate with America’s finest photojournalists to produce the most creative, compelling stories.
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with minimum five years’ experience as an anchor in a medium to large market.
• Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Strong social media presence
• Shooting and editing skills a plus