- Anchoring multi-hour news shift
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics/stories
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Interviewing newsmakers
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of proper grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding how to integrate on air content into all social and digital media platforms
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Making station appearances as required
- Working with sales and promotions departments
- Protecting the station's FCC license.
- Other duties as required by management.
Looking for a FT news anchor who can tell relevant, compelling stories with a credible and empathetic style. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced all-news environment and cover every type of story including breaking news. Must have excellent writing and presentation skills. This person will also be proficient in editing and packaging news, audio and interviews. Our next anchor will also have experience and an understanding of social media and digital news. Must have a minimum of 5+ years experience anchoring or reporting news. A 4 year degree is preferred, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications . Position requires valid state driver's license and required insurance.
THIS IS A SAG-AFTRA UNION POSITION.