KENS 5 is looking for highly skilled artistic Video Journalist who can create exciting and shareable content for television, social media and mobile. We want video journalist who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest videography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools such as microwave, satellite, and backpack operations.
In this role, you will:
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms through artistic, outstanding shooting and editing that evokes emotion and tells compelling stories.
• Maintain standard of brand excellence by shooting NPPA style, award-winning level of photography with composition, clean audio, use of light, and steadiness.
• Cover breaking, general, sport, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
• Use various lighting techniques and equipment to enhance on-air product and visual presentation.
• Work daily as a storyteller collaborating with reporters and producers to execute creative concept for story.
• Individually gather character driven stories while capturing environmental sound and elements to produce natural sound packages.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from locations and set up live shots.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
• Write and post all daily on all digital platforms through use of social media.
• 2-5 years of photojournalist experience preferred.
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and microwave/satellite truck operations.
• Proven ability to shoot eye-catching, content-driven live shots and packages.
• Demonstrated news judgment, superb photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable.
• Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter an Facebook.
• Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe Premiere and Axis graphics.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.