Job ID 2018-7366
The Orchard is a leading independent music, film and video distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, G Herbo, and Nina Nesbitt as well as acclaimed movies like The Dawn Wall, Bart Layton’s American Animals, and Oscar-nominated films Life, Animated and Cartel Land. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for a Coordinator, Rights Management to join our dynamic East Village (NYC) office.
Reporting to the Manager, Rights Management, the full-time Coordinator will be responsible for quickly resolving rights issues pertaining to client content, while providing high-level, internal and external support. Specifically, we are looking for someone to work to resolve ownership conflicts on YouTube and other rights-related issues on audio fingerprinting platforms. As a Coordinator on the Rights Management team, you will:
• Research and resolve rights-related issues, such as ownership conflicts, 3rd party claims, and user disputes
• Provide an extraordinary level of support internally and externally to ensure that rights-related issues get resolved immediately
• Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology (YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook), along with the processes that pertain to it
• Review, update, and audit content maintained in YouTube’s CMS and The Orchard’s proprietary tools with a high level of detail, speed, and accuracy, all based on strict deadlines
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and procedures
• College degree preferred
• 1-2 years of work experience in data entry, customer service, or legal field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Well-organized and attentive to detail
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
• Experience working in a CMS, such as YouTube or Facebook