CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia.DESCRIPTION:
The IT Finance Analyst is responsible for day-to-day financial operations for CBS Information Solutions & Technology (IS&T) group.
- Prepares/reviews budgets, quarterly estimates, including analysis and reporting for P&L.
- Prepares monthly P&L reporting and variance analysis and communicates monthly results to department heads.
- Prepares the monthly accounting close including accruals, account analysis, and journal entries.
- Issues monthly financial statements for cost centers. Explains variances between actual and budget/estimates.
- Creates and maintains TM1 and other financial reports.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Summarize analyst reports for CBS and other media industry competitors.
- Monthly project capital/expense tracking, forecasting, and reporting
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the business entities/department(s) supported
- Minimum 4 years experience working in Finance.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong technical skills, especially Excel
- Oracle Financials, TM1, and similar financial systems is necessary.
- Strong communication skills necessary for building relationships with senior management and the Finance organization.
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure,
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting preferred or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled