CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
CBS News is offering a unique opportunity for an experienced product manager with innovative vision to conceive and build products that will power the streaming newsroom of the future and deliver best-in-class next-gen news experiences across current and emerging digital platforms. You will work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment and bring a passion for creating and evolving the systems that power all products that make CBS News and CBSN the premier digital destination for news. Additionally, you will drive our competitive advantages by building and owning the best-in-class tools for editorial and marketing teams. The Senior Product Manager position will collaborate directly with the Senior Product Director to grow and maintain the roadmap for mission-critical systems that will drive core KPIs, editorial efficiencies, revenue opportunities and high-quality end user experiences.
- Support daily editorial, marketing and product workflows by developing and championing across the organization a vision and product roadmap for CBS News digital publishing systems
- Create a development schedule with milestones for publishing and messaging platforms
- Collaborate with internal developers, designers, editorial staff and external partners to conceive, implement and manage product features
- Develop documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design requirements, product requirements, and other materials as needed to support design and development with strong focus on elegant, user-centric approaches to complex functionality.
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations based on that
- Immerse yourself in customer needs, competitive landscape, and the business
Responsible for maintaining roadmap of new product launches and evolving features across mobile, connected and emerging platforms including, but not limited to:
- Internal content management systems
- Broadcast television to digital systems integrations
- Email newsletters
- Push notifications
- Multivariate testing
- Data visualization
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum of 3+ years conceptualizing, building and managing innovative new digital products
- A strong interest in news and new technology
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data to drive business performance
- Experience writing detailed Product Requirement Documents including tracking specs
- Ability to operate independently and decisively, work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (should have extensive experience releasing multiple products at once) in a fast, round-the-clock, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task, pivot, and change focus when necessary
- Energetic self-starter with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and (written and verbal) communication skills
You might also have--
- Expertise with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
- Experience with XML, JSON, Web Services, video formats and protocols for VOD and live streaming
- Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA
- Experience with messaging platforms, ESP and CRM systems
- Engineering or development background a plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled