The Mountain West Conference, located in Colorado Springs, is accepting applications for part-time, nonpaid internships. Selected candidates will work approximately 20 hours a week (which may include nights, weekends and holidays) with the Social and Digital Media staff. This position will support the growth of the league’s social and digital media initiatives through creation of engaging social, mobile and web content. This position may be used for course credit.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Work directly with Conference staff to conceptualize and execute content strategy that publicize the MW’s stories through the league’s digital and social media assets.
• Daily creation and distribution of content to be utilized on the MW’s social channels and TheMW.com.
• Assist in the monitoring and moderating of social conversation on various platforms.
• Assist with on-site social media efforts for select Conference events, such as championships and media events.
• Assist with management of TheMW.com and the league’s mobile applications.
• Assist with logo and photo management for all sports and events.
• Attend internal and external meetings as required.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Experience with existing social media platforms and emerging channels.
• Strong computer literacy in programs such as, but not limited to, Photoshop, After Effects, Word, and Outlook.
• Experience with website content management and desktop publishing is desirable.
• Strong in written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Must demonstrate the following: a strong work ethic; effective time management skills; attention to detail; organization; responsibility, fl exibility, and maturity.
• Must possess the ability to: self-motivate; work in a fast-paced environment;
accept direction and constructive criticism; adapt to change and work on multiple projects.
• The ability to prioritize events and/or circumstances is essential.