At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team in Oakland, CA to support our content licensing efforts as we set a course for Pandora’s next phase of growth. The right individual will be a key contributor to the FP&A team and aid in developing accurate forecasts, reporting on business metrics and driving strategic decisions through modeling and analysis. The Financial Analyst will work cross-functionally and interact with leaders across the company in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Develop and maintain Pandora’s content licensing models to ensure they are accurate, up to date, and reflect changing business needs. This includes managing a rolling forecast for the business.
• Support licensing negotiations for global deals by analyzing performance of existing and contemplated deals and by providing key metrics and insights to teams internally.
• Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions, inform deal structures and provide insights into deal performance. Analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
• Act as a contributor to annual budgeting and quarterly outlook processes to ensure operations are executing to the financial plan.
• Investigate variances between actuals and forecast to understand trends and potential risks and opportunities for Pandora.
• Coordinate and work cross-functionally with the content licensing team, accounting, engineering, strategy, and various information holders to collect, organize and analyze company data. Summarize key takeaways for senior management and assist in implementing various deal terms.
• Assist in the design and implementation of new financial processes.
• 2 to 4 years of experience in financial analysis, including excellent analytical skills and a strong proficiency in financial modeling. Experience in investment banking or consulting a plus.
• Expert level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Solid understanding of corporate finance and basic accounting required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
• High attention to detail a must.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts in a simple and concise manner.
• High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance and legal contracts.
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or Economics related field required.