Direct, as assigned, the creation and production of scenic, graphic and music elements utilized in the production of CNN programming, as well as certain non-telecast projects, from initial concept through completed production.
What will you be doing?
• Work with Art Directors to assure continuity of design and adherence to CNN design standards.
• Utilize multiple graphics delivery systems to develop, test and implement graphics.
• Motivate, train and manage other members of the department and actively contribute to overall creative atmosphere of the Graphics department.
• Work with individual program Producers and CNN management to develop time and budgetary guidelines for department and individual projects.
• Direct the efforts of staff and freelance Art Directors/Designers and technical staff, as assigned, to provide design elements. Supervise Scenic Designers, scenery manufacturers, and outside vendors to meet required telecast standards.
• Oversee the execution of contracts with design vendors, and assume responsibility for actual production of set design, animation and music creation. Work closely with lighting directors and staging personnel to provide required on-camera scenic atmosphere, and consult on talent make-up and wardrobe requirements.
• Keep abreast of new developments in related technologies to maintain state-of-the-art look and presentation. Using strong organizational skills, prioritize and manage several projects at one time.
• Supervise continuing education of staff members, and provide input on new equipment purchases.
• Travel as necessary to personally direct the creation and placement of production design elements. Perform other duties and special projects as required.
What do we require from you?
• College degree in Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Theater, Commercial Art or Architecture, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working with and leading/anchoring a team of designers.
• Minimum of 4-5 years experience as Art Designer or Designer in medium-oriented environment.
• Experience with Vizrt software or comparable program(s) beneficial
• Excellent computer, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Heavy emphasis in electronic graphic arts, scenic set design and construction, drafting, theatrical lighting, wardrobe and/or make-up preferred but not required.