This Associate Manager role is part of HBO’s Domestic Network Distribution (DND) department. The DND department works with HBO’s affiliate and distribution partners to provide and market the best entertainment viewing experiences to subscribers.
The Associate Manager position is responsible for the distribution of HBO/MAX content to current affiliates and a variety of authenticated digital platforms. This role is also responsible for the marketing efforts with affiliates and external partners from leading digital consumer brands in an effort to expand the footprint of HBO/MAX. This role will support all aspects of ongoing partnership and corresponding campaign creative and marketing material support.
A successful candidate will be imaginative, a problem-solver, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, and highly collaborative. We are looking for someone who always wants to be part of the solution.
This position works closely with all groups within Domestic Network Distribution and Marketing, Creative Services, Consumer Marketing, Advertising, Legal, Finance, Media Relations, and Digital Products to facilitate HBO’s strategic, creative, tactical and legal objectives. In this role you have the opportunity to make a big impact while working with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals.
• Oversee all activities related to the day-to-day management and implementation of HBO/MAX’s authenticated content strategy with affiliates and designated partners in an effort to drive awareness and subscriptions
• Participate in a cross-functional team with the goal of rapidly deploying HBO and MAX GO to HBO’s current affiliates
• Assist in updating numerous time sensitive documents implemented to keep track of the rapidly deploying HBO and MAX services by current affiliates and multiple authenticated platforms including mobile, smart TV’s and game consoles.
• Act as key relationship manager with his/her peers at respective partner.
• Responsible for analyzing effectiveness of campaign efforts and sharing best practices.
• Ensure appropriate strategic execution and compliance of HBO brand guidelines among authenticated affiliates sites and applications
• Develop and implement added-value tie-ins, and other partnership opportunities when applicable
• Proactively stay current and develop a point-of-view on new digital media trends and an evolving landscape
• Manage cross-functional teams to ensure flawless and timely delivery of affiliate assets.
• Create and deliver exceptional sales and marketing presentations
• Minimum of 3 years partner management and/or marketing experience with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, lead cross-functional teams and pay close attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture
• Intermediate level understanding of technology and digital distribution platforms
• Entertainment industry and/or digital media experience a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal, organization, time management, and communication skills.
• Proficient skills in presentation/graphic design a must
• Candidates should be resourceful, outgoing and possess ability to interface with colleagues at all levels