NBC seeks an expert in digital editorial and publishing to run the NBC network’s front door and home page experiences. The Digital Editorial Producer advances key business goals and metrics by setting the tone and voice across the network’s digital web, mobile, video, TV and social platforms
Based at NBC’s 30 Rock offices in New York City, the Digital Editorial Producer reports to the Director of Digital Editorial at NBC Entertainment Digital. This position requires early hours, generally 6:30am-3:30pm but may also require some night and weekend work.
The Digital Editorial Producer runs NBC’s primary digital front door and home page experiences for web, mobile and TV Everywhere. The successful candidate works in concert with separate teams of content writers, designers, photo editors, video producers, digital show producers, researchers and social experts in the NBC Digital New York and Los Angeles offices to execute defined editorial strategies. The Digital Editorial Producer brings together the combined creative talents and expertise of these teams in the most effective and appealing manner.
In addition, the Digital Editorial Producer mines and analyzes data, combines that analysis with new ideas, then curates and creates compelling new user experiences. The Digital Editorial Producer also supports the larger NBC Digital team in the early hours, putting up promotions on various show specific sites and apps before those teams arrive at work.
The Digital Editorial Producer is expected to be up early to program properties for East Coast consumption, and have fresh content live before the audience wakes up, continuing through the morning. They will hand off duties to the Los Angeles-based Digital Editorial Producer, who will oversee the same properties into the night.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing online, digital, editorial, and app experiences, ideally for home page and front door.
• Deep experience and expertise in web, mobile, video, TV and social platforms as well as experience in high traffic home page editorial.
• Expert-level knowledge of content management tools like Drupal, Alfresco and The Platform MPX.
• Strong command of spelling, grammar and self-editing.
• Background analyzing data and trends in the digital TV space using Omniture, Google Analytics, and similar traffic reporting suites.
• A love of television: scripted, reality, late-night and daytime.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Willingness to work 6:30a-3:30p ET.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Extremely high standard of editorial quality control.
• Strong writing skills, able to generate SEO-centric copy for promotions.
• A great sense of design.
• Advanced Photoshop skills.
• Multi-task oriented, strong organizational process & time management skills.
• Thorough understanding of common web & interface conventions.
• Knowledge of television landscape and current trends.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment handling several ongoing tasks.