OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shōgun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times.
FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network’s library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
FX Networks is seeking a Writer/Producer who will be tasked with the conception, writing, producing and delivering promotional materials that creatively and effectively promote the network’s programs.
• Produce and deliver promotional materials, including episodic promotions; program launch promotions; acquired & original movie promotion; behind-the-scenes promos & vignettes; network marketing & ad sales projects; network presentations; and multi-platform promotions.
• Guide and direct project coordinators, video editors, sound editors and on-air/announcer talent. Collaborate with Studio FX graphic designers. Supervise project assignments with outside promotion production companies.
• Participant in the department’s in-house creative unit.
• Participant in FX Suite branding and series campaign creative.
• Assist On-Air Promotions executives in various managerial and administrative duties.
• College Degree in related field preferred. Position requires an experienced on-air promotion writer/producer with a minimum of four years in the entertainment industry with two years’ experience as a Writer/Producer.
• Must possess a strong, edgy creative perspective and at least two years at a cable, network, or production agency, ideally working on script-based programming.
• Must have administrative skills to meet the demands of a fast-paced and challenging position.
• Must have experience working with program scripts and raw dailies in creating promotional spots.
• A deep understanding of the entertainment & promotion business is critical.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills.
• Must be able to distill broad creative concepts into an abbreviated and effective promotional approach.
• Strong computer/word processing skills a must. Knowledge of graphics and editorial systems is critical. Ability to rough edit on Avid, Final Cut, Premiere is a plus but not essential.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
• Must have a working knowledge of on-air promotions systems, network television operations, and the television marketing and promotions industry, including a robust understanding of the production & post-production processes.