Requisition ID 17902
Conceive, write and produce on-air tv spots that include series launch and topical promos that are in alignment with the Discovery Channel brand and campaign messaging.
1. Conceive, write, and produce scripts for the network.
2. Proven expertise across a breadth of media including t.v., interstitial network branding, radio, print and digital.
3. Write and produce internal projects: i.e. departmental presentation tapes, marketing and ad sales tapes, Programming Presentation Day reels.
4. Maintain Discovery values and brand attributes in all materials.
5. Drive the creative process with external and internal partners.
6. Collaborate with Marketing Strategy team, programming, production, and scheduling departments.
7. Responsible for acquisition of stock footage and/or shooting additional footage.
8. Develop/edit campaign concept & scripts.
9. Maintain strong oversight over budgets and strategy on every project.
10. Exhibit out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creativity.
A Bachelors degree or higher in Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
A minimum of four years experience writing and producing promotion and marketing projects for broadcast or cable television.
Experience overseeing editors in edit sessions at post production facility is a must
Good editorial skills and graphic design sense is a must
Familiarity with Avid/Final Cut editing and basic knowledge of AfterEffects, and Photoshop is a plus.
A strong interest and background in broadcast design is highly desirable and a well-rounded and up-to-date knowledge of postproduction tools and the postproduction process are essential.
Proven writing and producing skills.
Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently and possess excellent intrapersonal skills.
Must be able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Must display a commitment to excellence and to on-going education in video/film production and to the mastery of his/her craft.
Windows 2000, Word, Excel and Outlook experience is highly desirable.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States