Provide technical operation support within the CBS-NY Transmission Center for all business units as well as internal and external clients associated with CBS Television Network. This includes equipment set-up, signal routing, quality control and problem resolution of remote feeds for live events, interviews and breaking news. Provide direction to satellite up-link and terrestrial transmission vendors to optimize signal quality from production remotes. Monitor, control and switching of Network distribution programming via fiber and satellite for the CBS affiliate base. Ensure all inbound and outbound signals meet or exceed CBS Technical Standards. Work with Telecom vendors to resolve issues on incoming and outgoing feeds.
Requires proven experience in live to air television and/or remote field operations, with responsibility for audio/video/data quality and continuity. Hands on experience setting up and operating transmission facility hardware such as satellite receivers, antennas and router control panels. Basic knowledge of RF modulation, MPEG compression, multiplexing, encryption and data transport standards. Understanding of signal flow and the analog and digital forms of standard and high definition video, audio and ancillary data. Proficiency in operating video/audio/RF and data test equipment such as wavefrom displays, vectorscopes, audio monitors and spectrum analyzers.
• Self-managing individual with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Ability to document and report technical matters.
• Position requires ability to quickly diagnose and resolve RF, satellite and fiber technical issues to maintain air operations. Proficiency with PC based Microsoft Office.
• Technical education preferred. Minimum 2 year associates degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends and occasional overtime.
• Must be willing to join IBEW union.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled