A CNN TD plays a lead role of the live control room team. A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced 24-hour live news environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer.
• Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across CNN's global networks
• Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news
• Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production staff productions
• Ability to offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions
• Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed
• Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area
• Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow throughout CNN networks
• May be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped segment/shows.
Minimum experience requirements include:
• You have technical know-how and strong communications skills.
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment.
• A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented and a willingness to work in other areas as assigned.
• Five years Industry experience technical directing in a live news environment.
• Operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field.
• Candidate should have a strong interest in current events.