At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
We have a terrific opportunity for a Project or Program Manager with a passion for multi-disciplinary teamwork. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented and highly comfortable facilitating teams to meet commitments and successfully deliver high quality products and new features. You enjoy being of service to your team and to the larger organization, and your leadership is grounded in trust, transparency, and kindness.
The Technical Program Manager for Content Systems works with the product and technology team leaders focused on all aspects of Pandora’s content pipeline. From the systems that ingest content delivered by our label partners all the way through to providing rich metadata and analysis to power our world-class recommendations, this person plays a key role in ensuring a seamless end-to-end flow of data through a multitude of systems and tools. This person is responsible for organizing, driving, and accounting for insights into the technology we develop while building cross-functional relationships through stellar communication and collaboration.
• Collaborate and closely communicate with product, operations, engineering, quality engineering, and other interdepartmental resources to successfully drive projects to completion with the highest level of quality.
• Manage clear communication of progress/status with project stakeholders
• Adapt to changing conditions and modify project execution plan as appropriate while managing multiple projects concurrently
• Highlight risks and clearly communicate those risks to stakeholders
• Identify blockers and facilitate the removal of those blockers
• Absorb project status from engineering stand-up and sprint planning meetings without adding additional meeting burden
• Relay information to both technical and business stakeholders
• A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7-10 years of experience managing cross-functional projects, ideally for media or content-rich products or services
• An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
• Familiar with SDLC methodologies without being dogmatic about any single way of doing things
• A passion for delivering results in a complex, multi-faceted environment
• Strong project planning skills with an eye for details
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate many parties working collaboratively and efficiently.
• Comfortable with JIRA/Confluence and Google Apps
• Familiar with management of large data sets and rich metadata; Prior experience with music metadata a plus
• An innate problem solver with the ability to thrive under pressure
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Knowledge of music industry, rights, and digital service providers
• Deep passion for music