Pandora has a great opportunity for an innovative, inspired Software Developer with experience designing and building killer consumer facing applications. As a member of our engineering team you will participate in important design decisions and play a key role in development of bringing Pandora on to consumer electronics (TV, Set Top Boxes, Wearables, Speakers, Automotive & more), used daily by our rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners.
You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for engineers with several years of front-end development experience who are passionate about sophisticated interface design and delivering an outstanding user experience.
• Minimum 5 years professional experience, with at least 2 years developing consumer applications
• Experience developing object-oriented code in Java
• Experience with Android or iOS Development
• Experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit
• Strong experience in HTML and CSS development
• Experience working with Apache with Jetty or Tomcat
• Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
• Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience developing for wearables
• Experience with embedded systems
• Experience with Bluetooth
• Knowledge of web view technologies such as JSP, Velocity. Technically proficient using any of the following: Hibernate, XML-RPC, Flash, AJAX
• Experience with Agile software development
• Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
• Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
• BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
More on Pandora...
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, veteran or disability status
Pandora is a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.