At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current opening below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
As a senior user experience product designer, you will play a critical role in delighting the hundreds of millions registered users who love and depend on Pandora to easily play the music they love. You will be responsible for updating the experience across a wide variety of platforms - from the web, to mobile devices and tablets, to a multitude of consumer electronics devices, and to automotive implementations.Responsibilities:
• Create brilliant, user-centered designs based on customer feedback, business needs, and market research
• Rapidly iterate through feature additions and updates, considering various use cases and user flows across different platforms
• Design a cohesive UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow for Pandora on the web, mobile, and more
• Create wireframes and work with the visual design team to translate those wireframes into visual mockups
• Shepherd updates from inception to completion - from ideation, to design, to development, and QA
• Work with product analysts to identify potential opportunities for UX updates
• Lead and run usability testing
• 7+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or user interface designer
• Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, and the ability to provide detailed specifications and style guides
• Comfortable with common design tools: Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite. Experienced with Prototyping apps like: Proto.io, Principle, Marvel, Invision, and Framer.
• Strong portfolio demonstrating great user-centered design solutions
• A desire to create fun interfaces that work well on a mass market scale while maintaining simplicity
• An understanding of how design impacts development and a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills