At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a terrific position available for an innovative, inspired problem solver to develop high-quality software for android devices. As a member of our mobile engineering team you will have the opportunity to bring the Pandora radio experience to one of the largest mobile customer bases in the US. You’ll be exposed to some of latest Android technologies implemented at scale including Kotlin, MVVM, Room, and RxJava
You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with experience in Java and Android application development.
Responsibilities:You should have a good understanding of quality Java and Android application development and the associated technologies. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing, and have some experience using test frameworks unit testing.
• 3-5 years with Native Android development
• Design, develop, unit test and deploy Android based solutions using common standards and frameworks
• Solid knowledge of Android SDK, understands the fundamentals of what makes good app design and can show examples of this
• Published apps in the Play Store
• Understanding of Core Java and OOD
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services)
• Experience with Android UI design
• Consumer mobile application development experience
• Experience with Agile software development
• Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix
• Experience with Kotlin
• Use of Android Architectural Components
• Understanding of reactive programming, and experience implementing RxJava in Android
• Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
• BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.In your email, please include the following: - The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application. - The location or office to which you would like to apply - The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".