Please join our database team and be one of a group of core players to support the world’s largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to build, manage and operate various databases in AWS in an “infrastructure as code” mode, migrating databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. We use various database technologies from RDBMS to NoSQL. We support multi-platform databases - running on both private and public cloud infrastructure - which power the world’s largest ticketing system with 170M customers. You will find the coolest database technology here and you’ll have a great opportunity to grow your career with the coolest team!
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
• 7+ years of experience in designing, administering and managing Oracle and Oracle RAC.
• Experience in database upgrades from 11g to 18c including RAC.
• Knowledge of shareplex replication is an adds-on.
• Experience on Oracle 18c container and pluggable function is adds-on.
• Strong troubleshooting skillset, experience of performance tuning knowledge of incident management requirement and RCA.
• Strong concept regarding to operation maturity, SLA and SLO definition and implement the monitoring.
• Strong ability to build operation documentation and runbook.
• Experience with Operational Maturity.
• Willing to work on 24*7 on-call schedule.
• Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases.
• Mid level PL/SQL experience. Understand the design concept and ability to manage data archiving/cleaning through PL/SQL with minimum risk to production in a complicated replication env.
• Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems.
• Experience analyzing issues from the application tier to database.
• Experience working directly with cross-functional teams, resolving data or/and database related issues.
• Software engineering experience, including gitlab, SDLC, CICD and testing.
• Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT.
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
• Experience working with Agile and Lean Practices.
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, Lambda, EC2, EBS, S3, IAM etc.).
• Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking and troubleshooting.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM fields.