What does our department do?
CNN en Espanol is a 24-hour Spanish language news network for the Latin America audience, providing continuous news reports of major world events and breaking news stories as and when they happen. CNNE features half-hour and hour newscasts throughout the day with an emphasis on hard news and feature programming. Features focuses on health, medicine, the environment, entertainment, and other issues that are an integral part of the programming line-up.
CNNE DC produces a one hour daily political show called “Directo USA” which highlights the most important US news of the day. It also produces the weekly public affairs program “Choque de Opiniones,” which discusses the most important news of the week
What will you be doing?
• In production, the CNNE intern will become knowledgeable in learning how to set up a show rundown, coordinate with reporters, and search for show elements using CNN's database.
• Pitching political news stories for digital
• Logging interviews
• Interns may book and greet show guests and assist in basic administrative tasks.
• May have the opportunity to participate in how show ideas are developed, how tape is gathered and edited, the show creation process, and how a newscast is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Schedules vary and may include weekend hours.
What do we need from you?
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
• Seeking a career in broadcast journalism with an interest in US politics
• Basic video editing skills
• Social Media savvy
• Self-motivated, able to multi-task
• Have a good attitude
• Able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
What’s so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Cover letters are strongly encouraged for application.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Apply For Job