OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
true[x] is a video advertising company specializing in consumer engagement and on-demand marketing campaigns.
Changing the established guidelines of an industry, especially one as rooted as digital advertising, isn't an easy or quick effort, but we believe it's the right thing to do and we want to be the ones to do it. We're looking for hungry people who are passionate about redefining the digital video and media world, from how consumers experience it to how content creators fund it.
We work hard at true[X], and we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, motivating, creative culture for our team; put simply, our employees love to come to work. We have all the perks you can expect from a startup environment, including a dynamic office space, a stocked pantry and fridge.
The true[X] technology team is a bit of an anomaly in the tech world: Once people join us, they tend to stick around. Our leadership has been a part of this company for 10+ years (since the beginning), and our turnover is exceptionally low.
You can ask individual members their thoughts, but this dedication generally comes down to two factors. First, the people: We hire smart, driven, accountable, and friendly individuals. We all appreciate and are proud of the culture we’ve created here, and it’s in no small part due to our high hiring standards. Second (and this point cannot be understated): There is a endless supply of engaging engineering work to be done. Our engineers are constantly expanding their knowledge and experience, whether it be exploring a new language on a hackday, learning the internals of various cloud platforms, or leveraging new tools to work with our “Big (and growing!) Data". Boredom doesn’t exist here.
Our leadership takes pride in fostering a sustainable software development cadence. No artificial deadlines. No guilting our team into staying late. And no micromanagement. We use the best tools to get the job done, end of story. We communicate via Slack (mostly emojis and gifs, really). We like testing. We have an aversion to meetings. You get the hardware you prefer to make you as productive as possible. We want you to be happy, and stay a valuable team member for a long time to come.
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining one of the most innovative teams at true[X], developing and launching new and innovative connected device-based, interactive engagement and survey products. Integrations span numerous devices and formats, including Roku and tvOS connected devices, iOS and Android mobile devices as well as Set Top Box devices. You will be the hands-on, end-to-end owner of the architecture and design for these brand new products.
• Develop and launch applications and components for connected TV and OTT platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more.
• Develop all solutions to sterling degrees of performance, resource usage and customer delight
• Work closely with other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of new features
• Be an active and engaged owner of the product and customer experience, collaborating effectively with Product Management, Ops and other disciplines
• Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting environment
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various endpoints
• Perform code reviews, write unit and integration tests
• Analyze user stories and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives
• 1-3+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 1 year of experience on connected TV or mobile devices
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field
• Experience using Mobile development frameworks and technologies on iOS and/or Android platforms
• Experience using version control systems such as Git and Github
• Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
• Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
• Experience with developing mobile applications that interface with RESTful APIs
• Ability to learn and adapt to unfamiliar technologies, both open-source and proprietary
• Must be a strong written and verbal communicator
• Experience with connected TV devices (Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more) and their related programming languages and development stacks
• Experience using Java, Kotlin, Android and related mobile programming languages and environments
• Experience developing developer oriented SDK’s, API’s or libraries
• Experience using web application development frameworks such as Rails
• Experience with Agile development practices and Test-Driven Development
• Experience with video technologies, workflow and playback experiences (i.e. HLS, MPEG-DASH, SSAI)
• Understanding of and experience with advertising technology based specifications (VAST, VPAID, MRAID), products and their underlying technical flow
Senior Software Engineer, Optimization E
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.