Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Senior Staff Accountant position within its Central Accounting Services division. This position supports the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process for our UMG’s Publishing, Verve Music Group, Decca Label Group, and NOW Venture Services. The ideal candidate will have more than 3+ years of frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience and posses a bachelor’s degree in Accounting; a CPA is a plus.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including primary responsibility for:
• Performing monthly financial statement corporate reporting using Hyperion (HFM).
• Drafting internal financial reports and supporting analytics for division senior management and the label’s third-party joint ventures.
• Preparing month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations using SAP.
• Coordinating with division Finance representatives, as well as other UMG functional departments to stay current with business activity and emerging issues.
• Supporting special project and process improvement initiatives.
• Preparation of ad hoc financial schedules and analyses in response to label inquiries
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
• More that 3+ years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience
• Experience with SAP and Hyperion
• Strong Excel & Word skills; Access experience a plus
• Music or Entertainment industry experience (and familiarity with industry concepts & terminology) is a plus.
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and think analytically
• Authorized to work in the US.
Job Code: 4094