OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
FX Networks is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to support senior executives utilizing data to analyze the performance of our own on-air and competitive cable network programs, and assist with modeling ad sales estimates. The successful candidate will utilize his/her analytical skills to both assess ratings trends of basic and pay cable television networks and provide written reports and supporting data sets to all departments across the organization.
• Analyze the ratings trajectory of FX Networks and key competitive cable networks to determine each network’s strengths and weaknesses, and how any shifts in programming strategy are impacting their overall performance.
• Track the performance of all scripted programs on cable and significant shows on broadcast.
• Assist with modeling ad sales estimates for FX Networks.
• Service all FX Networks departments (i.e., programming, scheduling, media relations, distribution, marketing) and partner with them on their custom requests and ad hoc needs.
• Bachelor in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics/Statistics with proficiency in Excel preferred. If candidate has superior skills in Excel and Data Analysis, a Bachelor’s degree is not required.
• Minimum two years of experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Advanced skills in Excel formulas required (e.g. lookups, text, date & time extraction, and logical functions). VBA skills a plus. Must be knowledgeable and comfortable utilizing computers and learning new software.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required. Must be attentive to detail, accurate with large amounts of data, and display high competence with numbers and percentages.
• Must have solid organizational skills, with ability to change gears as priorities change.