At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
You’re part coder, part sleuth, part efficiency expert, and you’re passionate about getting quality code into production. We are forming a new SRE team at Pandora, and you can be part of it. You will move from project to project, sitting with the engineers assigned to that project, making sure their system is scalable, reliable, monitored and the code is of the quality expected. And you own the innovation of new mechanisms that reduce the friction of getting software into production at Pandora.
You’ll work closely with the Tools and Release teams to make sure that changes are continuously being built, tested and deployed. You love things to be systematic, and you’re constantly looking at improving processes. This role fills the large gap between Application Engineers and Tech Ops staff and requires you to be an excellent communicator, listener and explainer.
• 5-10 years of relevant experience focused on service reliability, TechOps, DevOps, systems administration, application development, build, release and deployment NEW: for applications and services that scale to millions of concurrent users.
• Fluent coder in Java, PLUS Python, Bash, or similar (but please, not Perl!)
• Experience deploying systems with Nomad
• Automation experience with Ansible
• Some experience with monitoring and anomaly detection systems
• Track record of documenting processes, procedures and best practices, succinctly.
• Integration expert : you know how to wire systems together via their API
• Comfortable with Linux, preferably Debian or Ubuntu
• Experience working on complex 24x7 available distributed systems
• Familiarity with build tools, particularly Jenkins, Gradle
• Understanding and experience with Build Repositories, ideally Nexus Sonatype
• Possession of a deep knowledge of developer workflows with Git (BitBucket)
• Experience setting up monitoring using Nagios or Prometheus
• Experience migrating systems between technologies
• Participation in on-call rotation
• Runtime Infrastructure : Docker, Fabio, Consul
• Storage Systems : Redis, Postgres, Hadoop, Memcached
• Messaging : Kafka
• Java / Jetty, Python, Scala