Job ID 423673BR
At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and create new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interests in A&E Television Networks and Hulu round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.
The Finance & Planning team provides the highest level financial service to DATG executive management as well as corporate partners across the Walt Disney Company. The team assists business leaders achieve DATG goals by providing multi-year forecasts, performing financial analysis, and reporting individual show performance. We promote innovation and growth by developing our analyst and providing the necessary tools for success.
The senior financial analyst will join a team that is responsible for providing financial and strategic support for ABC Entertainment, Late Night, and Daytime operations. The analyst will assist in the coordination and preparation of each forecast, Annual Operating Plan, and Long Range plans. In addition, the senior analyst will assist in identify ways to drive organizational change within the context of the forecast and executive decision-making process. The candidate will also support special projects on an ad-hoc basis. The position requires excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills as well as an acute attention to detail.
• Assist in the preparation of forecast, annual, and long range operating plans, which includes calculating quarterly program amortization, maintaining show ultimates, and preparing cause of change analysis and other reports for consolidation and executive teams
• Create and maintain over 50 individual series, specials, and theatrical budgets. This involves working closely with business partners across DATG to capture program commitments and track program budgets
• Project and report show-level performance that includes estimating ad sales revenue, program expense, and overhead cost
• Partner with stakeholders in Operations, Finance, and Controllership to help drive organizational change in the areas of workflow efficiencies and strategic analysis
• Provide financial and strategic analysis related to key business initiatives and decision making processes
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint) and reporting applications (i.e. Cognos TM1 experience a plus)
• B.S. degree in finance, accounting or related field