This finance position is responsible for partnering with Turner's Entertainment, Sports, Emerging Consumers and News Domestic Ad sales divisions. This role is an integral member of the Ad Sales Finance Resource Allocation & Incentivization team providing valuable insights for contributing to all processes to deliver accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting, planning and analysis for monthly forecasts and closes, annual budget/LRP, incentive compensation and ad-hoc modeling for ad sales headcount expense; with focus centered around the Sports Sales and Ad Operations/Strategy divisions. This position reports to the Manager of Financial Analysis
The Day to Day:
• Be a business knowledgeable advisor to divisional leadership in management and administration of expense budgets; leading meetings to review actual results and the development of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-range plans
• Develop, prepare, and deliver ad hoc analyses and presentations to operational and financial management at multiple levels
• Provide timely updates and feedback of financial performance to identify risk and opportunities to the business.
• Liaise across various Turner groups including Accounting, Legal, Finance and Operations in oversight of NCAA Corporate Marketing program financials
• Maintain and update Turner Incentive Plan (TIP) participant compensation data.
• Assist with preparation of financial models, documentation of incentive compensation plans and employment agreements.
• Partner with Accounting teams to ensure accuracy and completeness of Actuals Continuously evaluate processes and procedures, assuring ability to meet business needs, add value, and operate efficiently.
• Actively participate in ad hoc and special requests to assist senior leadership with business decisions.
• High degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity
• Strong client service skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multitask and prioritize while demonstrating sense of urgency Experience with Hyperion Planning, Essbase/SmartView, or similar system.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate business drivers
• Experience dealing directly with all levels of management and ability to anticipate needs
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Desire for ownership and ability to operate independently in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Team player who adapts to change
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (Master's or CPA desirable)
• 4-6 years of relevant experience, including forecasting and budgeting
• Compensation planning experience is a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands