CBS Television Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming for broadcast, basic and premium cable and streaming platforms. The Studio's primetime programming includes the phenomenally successful NCIS franchise; the critically acclaimed series Madam Secretary, Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Reign; the hit dramas Elementary, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, MACGYVER, BULL and Scorpion; the popular comedies The Great Indoors, Kevin Can Wait, SUPERIOR DONUTS and MAN WITH A PLAN; and the summer series ZOO and new suspense thriller SALVATION. The Studio also produces the Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show THE TALK, as well as the acclaimed THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT and the Emmy-nominated THE LATE LATE SHOW with JAMES CORDEN. For CBS All Access, CBS Television Network's subscription video on-demand and live-streaming service, the Studio produces the highly anticipated Star Trek: Discovery, as well as critically acclaimed THE GOOD FIGHT. The Studio also produces two new series based on popular, viral segments from THE LATE LATE SHOW, CARPOOL KARAOKE for Apple and DROP THE MIC for TBS; the scripted summer series AMERICAN VANDAL for Netflix; and the comedy anthology THE GUEST BOOK for TBS.DESCRIPTION:
The CBS Studios, Inc. unit of CBS Corporation is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Reporting Analyst that is a self-starter and team player. Ideal candidate must be detailed oriented, organized and possess good communication skills. This position with work with other departments and divisions within the corporation. Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting of assigned business units and the consolidation of those results. Includes monthly, quarterly and annual preparation and presentation to management.
- Preparation of financial results and reconciliations.
- Perform financial statement variance analysis and deliver results to management.
- Assisting with quarterly internal / external audit requests
- Perform controls testing to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Preparation of Ad-hoc reports and special projects.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet and inventory schedules, including variance analysis from plan and prior month or quarter.
- Preparation of the monthly balance sheet as well as quarterly supplemental balance sheet rollforwards and other supporting schedules.
- Performing accounting and financial reporting system implementation and enhancement testing and continuously looking to identify process improvements
- Preparation and input of journal entries necessary for month/quarter/year end accruals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, with 3-5+ years of comprehensive accounting experience
- CPA preferred, not required
- Oracle experience preferred
- Cognos experience a plus
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic that takes ownership of assigned areas and is capable of performing a variety of time sensitive tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a team oriented environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and able to learn other software applications
- A mix of public and private industry preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled