Guard, patrol, and/or monitor the venue premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate metal detector equipment.
• Circulate among guests and/or employees to preserve safety, order and to protect the venue property.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, guests, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security and safety of the premises.
• May write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
• Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience required
• Security/Law Enforcement experience preferred. Guard Card a plus.
• Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance; ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
• A strong-sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
• Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying 50 lbs+ and occasional sitting