CNN Business is hiring a Section Editor in New York to help manage its coverage. CNN Business is a dynamic, global news operation. We need an enterprising, engaged and organized Section Editor to help us ensure we cover each day's most-talked-about business, markets and economy stories. The Section Editor will be responsible for assigning, developing and editing breaking news and enterprise stories from a team of writers, as well as directly supervising one to three writers. The ideal candidate must love business news, with a strong news judgment about companies, their leaders, stocks and strategies. The Section Editor should be adept at story framing and knowledgeable about news stories on a wide variety of business topics. They should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in Wall Street, boardrooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them. This role requires flexibility to work until early evenings or start a shift early in the weekday morning.
What do we need from you?
• At least 6 years of writing or editing experience
• Management Experience required
• Strong reporting, writing and editing skills
• Robust knowledge of and fascination with all things business
• A passion for journalism, unwavering dedication to accuracy, and dogged reporting skills
• Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills