Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Covering news events, writing stories and preparing for newscasts.
- Researching information for accuracy, generating enterprising and relevant story ideas and following through the production and report of the same.
- Shooting stories in the field with camera and tripod (equipment weighs up to 35 pounds).
- Traveling to and reporting live from various locations and gathering sound for stories as needed (travel could be anywhere, typically, in the NY/NJ/CT area).
- Presenting well-documented stories in an interesting manner while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and accuracy, sometimes covering stories under difficult work and weather conditions, doing whatever is necessary (within ethical guidelines) to obtain a story.
Three to five years of experience as a television reporter, handling a wide array of stories, in a large market preferred. Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications and/or Broadcasting preferred.EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled