Requisition Number: 1913218
Cox Media Group – Orlando, WFTV/WRDQ has an opening for a part-time Public Affairs Coordinator.
• Our Public Affairs Coordinator assists the Public Affairs Director on WFTV 9 Family Connection and WRDQ 27 Community Connection partnerships, social media, web stories and attending community events.
• Other duties include working with our current partners and news team on custom content for the 9family.com and TV27.com web pages and helping spread brand awareness of both community outreach programs through social media.
• The Public Affairs Coordinator needs to be professional, self-motivated, pro-active and well spoken
• Candidates should have strong writing, oral and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to solve complex problems and work well under pressure.
• Candidates should also be very detailed, focused, organized and able to manage different projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Computer skills should include a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge in editing software such as Adobe Premiere is a plus