Offering remarkable real-life stories without judgment, TLC shares everyday heart, humor, hope, and human connection with programming genres that include fascinating families, heartwarming transformations, and lifes milestone moments. In 2017, TLCs ratings increased by double digits (up a record +12% among women 25-54) and ranked as the #6 ad-supported cable network in Prime among W25-54.
TLC is a global brand available in more than 88 million homes in the US and 271 million households around the world. Viewers can enjoy their favorite shows anytime, anywhere through TLC GO the networks TVE offering featuring live and on demand access to complete seasons. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites and exclusive original video content. TLC reaches 3 billion cumulative viewers in more than 220 countries and territories to satisfy curiosity and captivate superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, lifestyle, sports and kids content brands.
This role will serve as a key partner by providing creative and administrative support, working closely with team to ensure deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met. Position responsible for the smooth operation of East Coast TLC Production department from ordering supplies and making travel plans to processing invoices to budget tracking. Position also responsible for data keying, report pulling and special projects as directed. This position reports to two VPs of Production and Development.
1. Executive support (phones/meeting schedules/mail delivery, etc)
2. Department Administration (processing invoices and budget tracking, travel planning and ordering supplies, etc)
3. Collaborate and work closely with Network Directors of Production in overall communication and guidelines for deliverable processes to Discovery on designated programs
4. Review team production schedules, treatments, scripts, rough cuts, fine cuts, final screening copies, and other materials.
5. Provide, organize, and dispense production information to outside production companies (i.e. clocks, technical guidelines, producers packet, logo, uplink numbers, credits, ad sales guidelines, copyright language, research information, beta selects, slides, QC results, suggested breaks, etc.)
6. Maintain constant communication with production companies to ascertain the most accurate and updated production information such as production schedule, shoot locations, episode descriptions, credits, scripts, graphics, etc.
7. Make copies/dubs and distribute tapes, scripts, proposals and correspondence.
8. Assist with coordination and communication with other internal departments. Including:
Press/IPR Provide treatments, episode descriptions, cuts, production delivery dates and shoot locations. Coordinate with Press regarding promotable titles, Upfront programs, and TCA to include production personnel relations and presentation tape production.
Programming Provide episode descriptions, episode and show titles, program clips for ad sales reels, delivery updates, and Upfront information. Develop alternative program titles, facilitate title clearance process, provide parental ratings, and recommend viewer advisories.
Program Editing/Shared Program Services Notification of master deliveries, production schedules, suggested edits, viewer advisories, renarration and off-line / on-line supports as needed, and assist in resolving QC issues.
Production Management Provide timely updates on production schedules, milestone payment confirmation and other deliverables information.
Viewer Relations Provide Viewer Relations representatives / viewers with airdates, contact information, and filed program content questions.
Awards / Competition Provide required information for selected award entries and/or materials (includes information such as clips, episode and segment selection, program descriptions, credits, contact info.)
Marketing & Promotions Assist in selecting and distributing tapes, scripts, and artwork for promo editing and consumer marketing campaigns.
Business Affairs / Legal Coordination and communication with Business Affairs and Legal as needed regarding business and contractual matters.
Provide administrative support to the VP Production. Arrange meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and handle travel and expense reports as requested.
Detail orientation/organizational skills, ability to work well with many and diverse personalities, ability to thrive under pressure, ability to work well with numbers, strong communication skills.
Strong organizational ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Should be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
2-5 yrs of experience in a support role preferred.
Education college degree preferred.
Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.